Thursday 12 December 2013

Some Progress FINALLY! Fedora Package Database - should have been my release 0.2

For so long I had been stuck in getting the Fedora Package Database running. I deployed the test instance for my first release but could not do much after that as I was unable to install the Fedora Package Database. I tried to get in contact with Pierre the author of pkgdb2, he was replying on github but could not get a hold of him on IRC.

Anyhow, I sat determined today to do it myself. Started to analyze the output that I was getting when I was trying to run the setup.py scritpt. It was giving me an import error flask.ext.fas_openid module not found. I researched and found some reference to it in github on python-fedora and saw the same guys who manage pkgdb1 and 2 discussing something about that module there.

I uninstalled python-fedora and rebuilt it, but this time I got the source from github because I thought they have the most update version and I was right. I installed python-fedora from there and I stopped getting that error and my beloved pkgdb2 built successfully. Here is a screenshot of the new deployment. Notice that it is running on the IP address with the proper alias this time and not a random port number. Actually I configured the alias to be pkgdb, I can change it to pkgdb2 or anything else according to our requirements.



Now, the only thing I am missing is a database to test this deployment with. I am currently working on trying to get Pierre's script working to convert the previous packagedb database to match the new schema, I will try to use that and blog if it works.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Virtual Machine doesn't start, stuck at "PCI2.10 PnP PMM"

Another day another problem, I was setting up a lab environment, after creating a Virtual Machine using Virtual Machine Manager, My machine ...