Suggestions to the Package author:
- Please include a list of required packages in the instructions
- Sqllite database works in development version but does not work with the deployment on Fedora19. I have checked it several times on different machines. So we can either convert the data to other databases or fix the sqllite version.
- The package "Python Fedora" does not work properly when installed through yum. It has to be installed through github. We can include that in the instructions as well.
- There is this line in pkgdb2.wsgi which suggests to give a path to "pkgdb2" which is actually asking the path to the clone "packagedb2". I was really confused here :). Then I got to know how python import works to figure it out.
- Also, after installing python-flask from yum, it had to be uninstalled through pip for the FAS login to work, threebean told me that. I have no idea why.
Troubleshooting installation issues:the most annoying errors were python import errors. If you we don't know how python is working, we will be confused.
"Error importing so and so module" is just python's way of saying you have not met the dependencies and some modules are missing. Whatever module python fails to load, please check if you have installed all the required packages.
Might get some errors with mysql installations. Fedora 19 comes with Mariadb, if you are familiar with it go ahead, otherwise you will have to remove mariadb and install mysql. After installing mysql, sometimes it asks for a password and the default "mysql" password does not work. The issue has been discussed here:
Also, when converting database, if it fails to convert. Then its probably missing the change that had to be made on the dumpfile. Regardless, if it fails, the database has to be drop and created again for the converter to work.
That's all folks :)